Development Manager (part-time)
Job Title: Development Manager
Type: Part-time (20-25 hours per week), remote
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $25-30k annual pay, depending on experience
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority deadline: May 15
Slow Food USA is seeking an experienced development professional to strengthen our fundraising program. You will work closely with the executive director and rest of the staff to build and diversify our funding portfolio, including individual giving and membership, corporate partnerships, and foundations. If you are someone who picks up the phone and builds warm relationships with partners, who loves to brainstorm and collaborate with a team, and who will also dig into the technicalities of data management, then this position is a good fit for you. This position is part-time and fully remote.
- Work with the executive director to develop an annual fundraising plan.
- Manage fundraising efforts for individual giving, including membership, middle donor giving, and our Small Business Supporter program.
- Work closely with the communications team to improve our digital fundraising strategy and annual appeals.
- Support corporate sponsorship development and activation, especially related to events and campaigns.
- Develop our foundation pipeline, including researching, tracking deadlines, supporting grant submissions and building relationships.
- Provide administrative support, including processing gift acknowledgements, managing fundraising elements of the database (Salesforce), ensuring proper maintenance of files and records, and pulling reports as needed.
- Other related tasks as needed.
Skills & experience:
- 3+ years experience in fundraising with a proven track record of raising funds in multiple channels
- Excellent writing skills in warm and engaging style
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM; knowledge of best practices related to data management, reporting, manipulating segments for targeted campaigns, and using data to inform decisions.
- Excellent project management and internal communications skills using digital platforms like Slack, Google Drive and Airtable.
- Self-starter with creative ideas that you can implement
- Ability and willingness to learn skills you do not yet have but need for the job
- Preferred: Knowledge of (and connection to) donors, foundations, and/or companies in the food and environment space.
About Slow Food USA
Slow Food USA unites the joy of food with the pursuit of justice. We cultivate nationwide programs and a network of local chapters, host educational events and advocacy campaigns, and build solidarity through partnerships. Together, we are dismantling oppressive food systems to achieve good, clean and fair food for all.
Slow Food USA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in our employment decisions. We are committed to an equitable and inclusive workplace and to welcoming diverse perspectives and backgrounds.