October 8-12, 2020
Turin, Lingotto Fiere
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is the largest international event dedicated to good, clean and fair food, the environment and food politics.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto was first held in 1996 and is one of the world’s most important events dedicated to artisan and small-scale food and wine producers as well as a forum of exchange for producers and consumers from around the world. It is the biggest international event dedicated to good, clean and fair food, the environment and food politics. Since 1996, it brings hundreds of thousands of visitors to Turin from around the world, as well delegates from the Slow Food network, companies, activists, experts and journalists.
The 2020 edition aims to explore the way forward for the future of food, and therefore the future of our planet, and to show us how we can enact change together, putting ideas, proposals, projects and energy on the table.
Accommodation, meals and ground transportation are provided by Slow Food International.
Accommodation, meals and ground transportation underwritten by you. Self-registered delegates must purchase an entrance ticket to gain access to the Lingotto Exhibition Center. Daily and 5-day passes will be available here.
TERRA MADRE DELEGATE NOMINATION
Terra Madre delegates are:
– people who positively contribute to the food movement at the local, regional, national, or international level;
– people who work to bring more people into the Slow Food movement;
– people who make a commitment to give back to Slow Food at the local, national, or international level (i.e., volunteer time, leadership, resources, donations, support, and/or collaboration).
– people who actually practice the Slow Food values (people that produce food that is delicious, nutritional, environmental sustainability and produced according to social justice principles) with a global consciousness.
During the selection process, the Terra Madre Organizing Committee will privilege those candidates who:
– have been pro-actively supporting our network;
– represent our movement’s diversity (geography, food heritage, age, nation, food system role, gender);
– can have a deep impact in enriching the contents of the program;
Completion of the nomination form does not guarantee delegate selection in the event.
Applications should be filled in no later than March 31st at 23:59 Italian time.
TERRA MADRE 2018
In 2018, Terra Madre Salone del Gusto took place on September 20-24 in Turin, Italy. We have about 275 delegates going from the USA, and we’re excited to see you Turin. Below are few resources to help you meet other delegates and prepare for this incredible culinary and cultural experience.
If you attended Terra Madre in 2018 as a delegate, please join the Terra Madre 2018 Delegates Facebook group. Take a minute to introduce yourself, then connect with others. If you have questions, this is a great place to ask them.