Leader Tools + Resources
2021 federal taxes
Tax day is coming up for 501(c)(3) organizations like your chapter. Please follow these guidelines for completing your chapter’s federal taxes, and then let us know you’ve done so by uploading your Form 990 here:
2021 Annual Report
The 2021 Annual Report was due Friday, April 15, 2022. If you haven’t submitted yours yet, please do so. Once we receive your Annual Report, we will process your membership drive revenue share if applicable!
Every year, the Slow Food USA community revisits its National Statute and makes revisions based on current needs. The current National Statute was ratified in February 2022.
Promo Materials + Toolkits
EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING
- National Event Calendar: See what Slow Food gatherings are happening from coast to coast.
- Post Your Event: Local chapters and approved partners can submit events to the calendar through this form.
- SFUSA Tips for Effective Events: Plan local Slow Food events like a pro with this brief how-to.
- Slow Food’s International Fundraising Guidelines
The fundraising code of conduct for all Slow Food affiliated associations, chapters, and projects.
Chapter updates, reporting and filing
- Chapter Leader Updates
Complete this form if you have a newly elected leader or need to make updates to a current leader’s contact information.
- New Chapter Application
We walk you through the two-part process of starting a new chapter.
- Guide to Filing Chapter Taxes
Don’t fear the filing! Simple instructions for the simple process of filing you chapter taxes
- Guidelines for Reporting on Lobbying Activities
- Chapter membership lists are located in a spreadsheet in your official @slowfoodusa.org Google Drive account. Lists are updated on a daily basis.
- Chapter Handbook
Your guide to the administrative side of running a local chapter.
LEADER SUMMIT ARCHIVES
STay in touch
- Join the Slow Food USA Leaders Facebook group
Connect with our national network of leaders
- Join the Slow Food USA Slack platform
Please join with your official Slow Food chapter email (ends in @slowfoodusa.org). This way you can share this log in with current and subsequent leaders. Channels to join are #sf-leaders #sf-fundraising and more
- Sign up for the Leader Links monthly email
Bring national and international campaigns to your community, take advantage of exclusive opportunities to spread the Slow Food message, and get access to promotional and educational materials by signing up for our monthly Leader Links email.
- Chapter Email Accounts
These accounts are the official communication route from Slow Food USA to our network of chapters. You should check this account regularly, as it is where all our official chapter communication will be sent from the national office, including: Annual Report URLs, Leader Links (we will continue sending this to personal addresses as well), Membership Lists, New tools and updates, Tax Information
If you’re having trouble logging into your chapter email account, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.