#Snailkids Art Contest
The aim of this contest is two-fold: (1) engage young people in the process and promotion of maintaining school gardens and growing their own food and (2) all proceeds from the campaign will go to funding the creation of the Fair module of the Slow Food USA curriculum for school gardens—the winning artwork will be printed on t-shirts, sweatshirts, and tote bags, and available for sale in February in the Slow Food USA swag shop.
Scroll down to enter!
Contest Rules + INFO
Who Should Enter
Budding garden enthusiasts and students up to 18 years of age.
We’ll pull one each from two groups: (1) elementary and (2) secondary grade levels.
- Original artwork that includes:
- Representation of your favorite thing to eat from or enjoy in the garden (you know, things like: veggies, edible flowers, seeds, friendly pollinators, fruit trees, whole plants, garden boxes…)
- Your rendering of the Slow Food snail (that one above and to the right)
- A little bit (or a lot!) of the official Slow Food red or similar color
- Artwork may be illustrated by hand or rendered as graphic design and should fit into a square. (It does not need to be square, it just needs to fit into a square for printing!)
- Please submit high-resolution, scanned JPG, PNG or EPS on a white or transparent background. (If you are not sure how to do that, ask a teacher! No photos of your artwork, please.)
How to Enter (and then what?)
- You will need to include your name and information on that form, and upload your a high-resolution file of your artwork.
- Only one entry per person, please.
- A selection of one dozen pieces from each group (elementary and secondary students) will be put up to a vote. Slow Food USA will notify and announce the winner, and make tote bags with winning artwork for the Slow Food shop!
- 1 Tote Bag with your artwork on it
- Slow Food USA will tell and share your story in a blog post and on social media, and include a link to it on all orders!
For questions, please ask your school garden teacher and/or contact email@example.com
submit your artwork today!
Check out the Bonfire art & illustration line-up for some inspiration for artwork that prints well on t-shirts!