It’s fall, which means I have pumpkins and pickles on my mind. The pumpkins are self-explanatory, but the pickles? Most people think of summer as the prime time to preserve the season’s bounty, but I personally like my summer produce fresh and my fall produce tangy and pickled. But the truth is, you can pickle all year round! It’s an easy way to reduce food waste – in fact, you can even pickle “food waste” itself like watermelon rinds and citrus peels.
- Historical African American tapestries that fit on a spoon
- Executive Director Anna Mulè announces 2024 strategy
- Chapter leader profile: Karen Stark, Slow Food Philadelphia
- Chapter leaders invited to join 2024 leadership incubator cohort
- Cultivating community: a Slow Food chapter’s garden gives back on San Juan Island