2020 Plant a Seed Kit
*We are out of Sugar Hubbard Squash seeds and our source is currently only selling to commercial growers, so we have lowered the price of the kit. Your kit will include the 5 seed packets listed below!
This year, we have selected a seed from each of six regions in the United States with a unique relationship to the land and people there. Each seed opens a door to understand a landscape, culture and history, as well as issues of food sovereignty through the journey of seeds. This year’s kit includes*:
- Cherokee Purple Tomato from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.
- White Sonora Wheat from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.
- Chimayo Chile from Sandia Seed Co.
- Yellow or Georgia Cabbage Collards from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Jacob’s Cattle Bean from Rancho Llano Seco
- 1 custom produce bag with Ark of Taste snail print
- 1 limited edition poster with custom illustrations of the 6 Ark of Taste products in the kit
- 2 stickers
- Links to seed stories, growing tips and more info
For every kit purchased, we will send one kit to a school garden. Help us teach kids about delicious biodiversity and how to write your own story with seeds!
The Plant a Seed campaign invites school garden educators and individuals to bring biodiversity, flavor and history into their gardens. Learn more about Slow Food USA’s Plant a Seed campaign here.
Plant a Seed kits will be shipped as USPS Priority Mail on Friday each week.