For those of you who may have just received your copy of the latest Snail magazine, you may have read, with interest, about the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (“Would You Like Some Justice with That?,” The Snail, Spring 2008). They were recently the focus of a Senate hearing on working conditions for tomato workers. Eric Schlosser continues to be an outspoken voice in the fight for a fair wage for these tomato workers, trying to highlight that this is a human rights issue (as well as a food/ag/business issue).
- Historical African American tapestries that fit on a spoon
- Executive Director Anna Mulè announces 2024 strategy
- Chapter leader profile: Karen Stark, Slow Food Philadelphia
- Chapter leaders invited to join 2024 leadership incubator cohort
- Cultivating community: a Slow Food chapter’s garden gives back on San Juan Island